IHDA-Assisted Multifamily Rental Housing
IHDA and its Asset Management department welcome you to this page which outlines key information and helpful resources for the management of IHDA-assisted multifamily rental housing.
The Asset Management department is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient program administration and long-term compliance for the largest portfolio of affordable multifamily rental housing in the state of Illinois. This work encompasses physical, financial, and operational compliance oversight for properties that utilize a variety of financial instruments including debt, equity, and operating subsidy. The Asset Management department works in partnership with property developers, owners, and managers as well as other funders, interagency groups, and stakeholders.
The following teams comprise the Asset Management department:
- Executive (EXEC): Establishes strategic direction to inform organizational structure, scope of work, tactical approaches, and special initiatives; advises and empowers operationalizing through a positive and productive team culture.
- Strategic Solutions (SS): Serves as a proactive and responsive strategy driver through cross-functional leadership and consultative support.
- Portfolio Analysis (PA): Ensures viability of property portfolio through financial analysis, insurance oversight, reserves administration, loan servicing, and asset repositioning.
- Program Administration and Physical Inspections (PAPI): Develops, administers, and monitors ongoing rental subsidy programming, as well as oversees physical conditions compliance.
- Project Operations Compliance (POC): Monitors operations for applicant/tenant/unit/property levels for rental projects assisted with bonds, grants, loans and/or tax credits.
Ensure effective and efficient program administration and long-term compliance for the largest portfolio of affordable multifamily rental housing in Illinois.
Take a structured and strategic approach to preserve the IHDA investment in and to achieve optimal benefits for residents in partnership with property owners/agents.
Principles of communication, accountability, and consistency inform decision-making, shape culture, and drive work.
Additional Informational Resources
IHDA and its Asset Management department are excited to announce the 2022 Compliance Connection resource portal which outlines annual compliance requirements and options for our valued partners – property owners and managers. Please check out the link below to access related information and documentation including guidance on use:
None at this time.