The Illinois Court-Based Rental Assistance Program (CBRAP) provides funding to Illinois tenants and landlords across the state (outside of Cook County) who have pending cases in eviction court. The program is only available to litigants in eviction court. Applicants may qualify for up to $25,000 in emergency rental payments that can include up to 15 months of past-due rent and three months of future rent payments to prevent eviction.
You may be eligible for CBRAP if:
- You are in a court eviction proceeding due to nonpayment.
- You rent your home in Illinois (outside of Cook County).
- You have experienced financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Your household income is at or below 80% of the area median income, adjusted for household size. (See the income limits for your county here.)
- Proof of citizenship is not required. Rental assistance is not a “public charge” benefit.
Learn more about CBRAP at llinoishousinghelp.org.