The new I-REFI program is designed to help homeowners who are current on their mortgage payments but owe more than their home is worth, due to declining property values in their community. IHDA offers underwater homeowners up to $50,000 in federal assistance to reduce the balance owed on their mortgage and refinance into a new affordable loan based on the current market value of their home. Get started by contacting an IRefi lender today.
The new I-Refi program offers up to $50,000 in federal assistance through the Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) to buy down your mortgage and refinance you into an affordable loan. I-Refi is designed to help homeowners who have been current on their mortgage payments for at least 12 months and must also qualify for the new loan under IHDA’s income and credit requirements. Before the loan is approved, lenders must order a professional appraisal to assess the value of the home. If you previously received HHF assistance, you are still eligible to apply for the I-Refi program.
- Current on your mortgage for at least 12 months
- Live in the home as your primary residence
- Credit qualify for a new IHDA mortgage through a participating lender
- Be within IHDA’s income and home price limits
- Credit score must be at or above 640
- 640 for Conventional, VA and USDA
- 660 for FHA
- Pre-assistance combined loan-to-value must be greater than 110%
- Post-assistance loan-to-value will be 90-97%
Get started by contacting one of the select group of lenders listed here.