Lender & Realtor
IHDA's SmartMove program offers affordable interest rates and down payment assistance for borrowers of low to moderate income. Our programs are ideal for borrowers who need extra flexibility on sources of income or who have limited funds for down payment and/or closing costs. The SmartMove loan is a safe and reliable product, with a simple process that can help both realtors and lenders reach qualified residents throughout the state.
To meet each homebuyer's needs, IHDA offers a variety of loan products:
- A first mortgage with an affordable interest rate. View our current rates.
- A second mortgage up to $6,000 for down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
- A variety of loan products including FHA, VA, USDA and conventional loans.
- Reduced PMI pricing for conventional loans.
- Buyer must be a first-time homebuyer (defined as someone who hasn't owned their primary residence within the last three years). This requirement is waived if you are veteran or purchasing in a targeted area.
- Buyer's household income and the purchase price of the property must be under applicable limits.
For more information
Please see Frequently Used Forms and Documents for program guides and the IHDA Homeownership Programs Matrix.
Become an IHDA approved lender
If you're interested in partnering with IHDA as a lender for our SmartMove program, please contact:
Executive Assistant for Homeownership Programs
Phone: (312) 836-5236
Receive email updates
To receive email updates about IHDA's first-time homebuyer products, please email email@example.com with "Receive email updates" in the subject line.