- General Information:
- Application for Financing
- Recently Approved Projects
- Program Timelines
- Tax Credit Programs:
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- Illinois Affordable Housing Tax Credit (IAHTC)
- First Mortgage Programs:
- Tax Exempt Bond Programs
- Multifamily Advantage
- Soft Money & Subsidy Programs:
- Trust Fund
- CDBG Disaster Recovery Program
- Permanent Supportive Housing Program
- Long Term Operating Support Program (LTOS)
- Preservation Now Program
- Technical Resources:
- Architecture and Construction Services
- Market Research
- LIHTC Compliance
- Loan Modification
- Other Developer Information:
- Useful Links
Application for Financing
Affordable housing developers who wish to apply for IHDA financing must complete the forms listed on this page.
For more details on each of our financing programs, see the other Topics pages in this section of the site. Please be reminded that each of our programs may have different program timelines.
Applications must include hardcopies on original IHDA forms, and may not be submitted by fax without IHDA's prior consent.
Applications must comply with all format and content requirements, and submitted by the deadline date. IHDA may reject any application that does not meet these requirements.
The complete application must:
- Be clear and unambiguous.
- Be placed in an adequately sized accordion file folder tabbed to correspond with the enumeration outlined in the application checklist.
- Include a completed application checklist.
- Include both hard copies and individual PDF electronic copies (on CD or flash drive) of ALL documentation requested in the QAP and outlined on the application checklist including all applicable attachments and supporting materials, including the non-refundable application fee in the amount detailed on the multifamily fee payment form.
- Include an electronic version in Excel format of the common application on CD or flash drive.
Applications should be delivered to:
Multifamily Finance Department
The Illinois Housing Development Authority
401 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 700
Chicago, IL 60611
See the Frequently used forms and documents page of this section for more information.