- General Information:
- Application for Financing
- Recently Approved Projects
- Program Timelines
- Tax Credit Programs:
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- Illinois Affordable Housing Tax Credit (IAHTC)
- First Mortgage Programs:
- Tax Exempt Bond Programs
- Multifamily Advantage
- Soft Money & Subsidy Programs:
- Trust Fund
- CDBG Disaster Recovery Program
- Permanent Supportive Housing Program
- Long Term Operating Support Program (LTOS)
- Preservation Now Program
- Technical Resources:
- Architecture and Construction Services
- Market Research
- LIHTC Compliance
- Loan Modification
- Other Developer Information:
- Useful Links
Federal HOME funds provide resources and flexibility to state and local governments to help address low-income housing needs. State and municipalities use HOME funds for acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction and rental projects. When HOME funds are repaid, those dollars are recycled toward new projects.
Program rules and guidelines
Rules governing the HOME program are found in the Illinois Administrative Code, Title 47, Chapter II, Part 371.
Because demand for HOME financing typically outpaces its availability in Illinois, proposals leveraging HOME funds with money from other sources are strongly encouraged and receive priority. All applications may not receive funding, and those funded may receive less than the full amount requested.
Some Illinois counties and municipalities, designated as HOME participating jurisdictions or PJs, receive an allocation of HOME funds directly from HUD each year. Projects located within a participating jurisdiction should first inquire about local fund availability.
Applying for HOME